Carved book landscape by Guy Laramee. More great book art at http://www.guylaramee.com/
Thursday, March 6, 2014
New and exclusive to Pyrenees Mountain Adventure this summer - the Andorra 5 Peaks Challenge. The highest 5 peaks in Andorra in 5 days. Looking for a challenge in 2014? You just found it!
Contact me for more information at email@example.com or find more information at www.pyreneesmountainadventure.com
Andorra is the smallest country in Europe (468 square km/181 square miles) and situated between France and Spain in the Eastern Pyrenees. There is no airport or railway and no coastline.
1. There are 72 peaks over 2 000 meters/ 6 561 feet
2. The average height is 1 996 meters/ 6 549 feet
3. The highest point is the mountain Coma Pedrosa 2 942 m/ 9 652 feet and the lowest point is Riu Runer 840 metres/ 2 756 feet where the main road out of Andorra crosses into Spain.
|Pic Coma Pedrosa|
5. The border with Spain and France is 120km/ 74 miles.
6. 75% of the border is over 1 829 metres/6 000 feet. Only 1.5km/1 mile is below 914 metres /3 000 feet. The border with France is not physically marked on the ground with border markers, unlike the border between France and Spain.
6. There are 72 lakes. The largest is the Estanys de Juclar 23 hectares/56.8 acres in the north east.
(Sorteny 1 080 hectares/ 2 669 acres and Coma Pedrosa 1 543 hectares/ 3 813 acres)
8. There is one Unesco World Heritage Site which equals 10% of the area.
(Madriu valley 4 247 hectares/ 10 494 acres.)
|The Madriu Valley|
10.Pic de la Medecorba is a tri point - the borders of France, Spain and Andorra meet at the summit.